Induction loop systems enable any person wearing a hearing aid to listen to the output of a sound system within a building. As induction loop specialists, Vaughan Sound regularly designs and installs discreet systems to aid the hearing impaired, advising on whether a conventional single loop system or a more complex low spill multiple loop design is required.
Vaughan Sound is a highly experienced provider of such systems to commercial, education, industrial, heritage and community, local authority, public sector, stadia and worship spaces – key areas in which the hard of hearing require the ability to listen to clear, coherent audio, speech and broadcast messaging.
The inclusion of an induction loop system within a public building provides instant benefits for users and supports international standards (IEC 60118-4, BS 7594 and BS 8300), the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) and Part M of the Building Regulations.
From reception desks and ticket counters to multi-floored premises, Vaughan Sound has industry experts at hand to guide you through the successful installation, ensuring your building remains fully compliant.
We also design, supply, install, commission, certify and maintain infrared (IR) transmission systems, which incorporate both hearing assist and translation systems in a single unit.
We utilise dedicated in-house planning and profiling software to create detailed loop designs, which detail the loop layout, conductor and proposed amplifier.
Vaughan Sound provides technical performance data and graphical representation of the system(s), with 2D and 3D models clearly illustrating room dimensions and field strength, while advising on any potential overspill into adjacent spaces.
We are proud to be recognised as an ISCE (Institute of Sound and Communications Engineers) AFILS Approved Assessor.
*AFILS – Audio Frequency Induction Loop System
Vaughan Sound’s services:
– Induction loop design (including software profiling, technical performance data)
– Equipment supply (from portable loops to amplifiers and copper foil tape)
– Induction loop installation
– Certification to IEC 60118-4 – the international standard for electroacoustics; covering hearing aids, induction loop systems for hearing aid purposes and system performance requirements.
– Service and maintenance (ongoing proactive and reactive support to ensure induction loop systems remain compliant and in optimum working order)